August 22, 2018
KL Communications (KL) is currently looking for experienced and talented interpreters to cooperate on a long-term business partner basis. We are the UK’s leading provider of interpreting service between English and Chinese (www.klinterpreters.co.uk). Our Managing Director Dr Kevin Lin has been the Lead Interpreter for the Queen and prime ministers for nearly 20 years. KL has the largest highly trained in-house English <-> Chinese interpreter team in Europe.
What you need to have:
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- Two or more years’ experience in simultaneous interpreting and/or consecutive interpreting
- Reliability and professionalism
- Good attitude in learning new things. Striving for excellence in providing high-quality interpreting service
- Ideally based in London, Edinburgh, Cambridge, Oxford, but other locations are also fine as long as happy to travel
What we will provide:
- Opportunities to work with a world-class interpreting company on a long-term partnership basis
- High-profile and interesting interpreting assignments
If you are interested, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
May 24, 2018
We have just updated our paper on Personal Information Protection to reflect the new GDPR which comes into effect on 25 May, 2018. If you wish to know more about what information we collect from you and how we use it, please check the following link.
Personal Information Protection
May 23, 2018
We are looking for an outstanding interpreter (English/Chinese) to join us in our London office.
Your post is Trainee Interpreter reporting to the Duty Manager. Your main duty will be to represent our company to interpret between English and Chinese at events of our customers. You’ll be providing the full range of interpreting service from liaison, consecutive to simultaneous interpreting as instructed by the company. Continuous learning and self-development is part of your job.
Your normal hours are 09.00 – 17.00. There will often be travel. Sometimes, there will be evening or weekend work. Compensation will be offered should that happen.
1. Be a native speaker of Chinese (Mandarin) with near native fluency in English or a native speaker of English with near native fluency in Chinese
2. Submit your MA/MSc dissertation before 15th July 2018, if you are graduating this year
3. Have an MA/MSc degree in Translation or Interpreting from a leading university
4. Be fully competent in Consecutive and Simultaneous Interpreting between English and Chinese
5. Be able to work in a team and have good interpersonal skills
6. Be willing to learn and accept new challenges.
1. Have at least one year of experience working either as a full-time interpreter/translator, or in a role in which the use of English – if you’re a native speaker of Chinese, or of Chinese – if you’re a native speaker of English, makes up a significant part
2. Have worked in a customer-facing role where communication is essential.
1. Starting salary £2,000 per month (before tax)
2. Potential to receive a Tier 2 visa sponsorship after successful completion of internship
3. Training on high-level interpreting skills and situation handling
4. Opportunity to interpret at a variety of high-profile events, including for governments, corporates, all the way to non-profit organisations, covering topics from finance, healthcare, to art and oil and gas.
How to apply
Send a cover letter no longer than one A4 page stating why you believe you’re the most suitable candidate together with your updated CV to email@example.com by 17th Jun 2018.
July 5, 2017
The Post MA Professional Training (PMPT) programme 2017 by KL Communications is open to all 2017 MA graduates who are interested in cross-cultural communication or are aiming at becoming an interpreter. It will start on 2 August and end in the mid-October. Trainees are expected to come to KL and attend the training twice a week.
This is what a trainee of PMPT 2016 said: ‘’I would like to thank this opportunity very much, not only for the interpreting skills that Kevin and all the trainers taught me, but also for the mentality shift I made through the PMPT programme. The latter will definitely benefit me in the long-run. Each time I went out to interpret, I felt confident because KL trained me well. In summary, this is an unforgettable experience, I felt lucky that I didn’t miss this chance.’’
For full training programme information and to register, please see below: