We have just updated our paper on Personal Information Protection to reflect the new GDPR which comes into effect on 25 May, 2018. If you wish to know more about what information we collect from you and how we use it, please check the following link.
All Our Latest News & Industry Updates
We are looking for an outstanding interpreter (English/Chinese) to join us in our London office.
Your post is Trainee Interpreter reporting to the Duty Manager. Your main duty will be to represent our company to interpret between English and Chinese at events of our customers. You’ll be providing the full range of interpreting service from liaison, consecutive to simultaneous interpreting as instructed by the company. Continuous learning and self-development is part of your job.
Your normal hours are 09.00 – 17.00. There will often be travel. Sometimes, there will be evening or weekend work. Compensation will be offered should that happen.
1. Be a native speaker of Chinese (Mandarin) with near native fluency in English or a native speaker of English with near native fluency in Chinese
2. Submit your MA/MSc dissertation before 15th July 2018, if you are graduating this year
3. Have an MA/MSc degree in Translation or Interpreting from a leading university
4. Be fully competent in Consecutive and Simultaneous Interpreting between English and Chinese
5. Be able to work in a team and have good interpersonal skills
6. Be willing to learn and accept new challenges.
1. Have at least one year of experience working either as a full-time interpreter/translator, or in a role in which the use of English – if you’re a native speaker of Chinese, or of Chinese – if you’re a native speaker of English, makes up a significant part
2. Have worked in a customer-facing role where communication is essential.
1. Starting salary £2,000 per month (before tax)
2. Potential to receive a Tier 2 visa sponsorship after successful completion of internship
3. Training on high-level interpreting skills and situation handling
4. Opportunity to interpret at a variety of high-profile events, including for governments, corporates, all the way to non-profit organisations, covering topics from finance, healthcare, to art and oil and gas.
How to apply
Send a cover letter no longer than one A4 page stating why you believe you’re the most suitable candidate together with your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17th Jun 2018.
The Post MA Professional Training (PMPT) programme 2017 by KL Communications is open to all 2017 MA graduates who are interested in cross-cultural communication or are aiming at becoming an interpreter. It will start on 2 August and end in the mid-October. Trainees are expected to come to KL and attend the training twice a week.
This is what a trainee of PMPT 2016 said: ‘’I would like to thank this opportunity very much, not only for the interpreting skills that Kevin and all the trainers taught me, but also for the mentality shift I made through the PMPT programme. The latter will definitely benefit me in the long-run. Each time I went out to interpret, I felt confident because KL trained me well. In summary, this is an unforgettable experience, I felt lucky that I didn’t miss this chance.’’
For full training programme information and to register, please see below:
Post-MA Professional Training 2017 (PMPT)
– 1 August to 12 October 2017 –
Don’t miss your chance to sign up. For more information please click below
We have had exciting past few months at KL, from overseas interpreting assignments to the expansion of our translation and training businesses. We’re pleased to share with you our latest news in this update.
Our global interpreting service
Recently one of our clients has flown two KL interpreters to India for an assignment. In 2016, one of our clients flew a KL interpreter to the US to interpret for Harvard, West Point and Yale. Our team also regularly undertake assignments across Europe. So far this year, KL interpreters have carried out assignments in France, Latvia, Ireland, Germany, Spain, Sweden and Denmark.
We are happy to support our clients’ businesses wherever they need us.
Our growing training business
Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University have commissioned KL to teach a course to a large group of senior executives in China.
In 2016, KL successfully launched the Post-MA Professional Training (PMPT) programme. The programme provides formal and intensive training to MA graduates who plan to work as an interpreter upon graduation or whose work will involve Chinese – English cross-cultural elements. KL will run the PMPT programme again from 1 August to 12 October 2017.
Our new recruits
Azure Liu recently joined KL as a Translation Manager. Azure is based in our China office and works closely with our translation teams in China and London.
Alice Wang has joined our London office as a Staff Interpreter. Alice holds an MA from the University of Bath. She stood out among 20 other candidates during a rigorous recruitment process in 2016.
Recent clients testiminials
We’re passionate about what we do and committed to providing an excellent service to our clients. Here are some of our recent client testimonials:
“Our event went really well, thanks to the professional service provided by KL interpreter. I would give her a 5+ (out of 5), a job very well done.”
– a major UK-China association
“I would give a 5 (out of 5) to your team! I hope that we will have another opportunity to cooperate in the future.”
– a major Chinese publishing company
“We are really happy with the service you provided and we’re very likely to use you again in the future.”
– a major Chinese financial institution
“I have no hesitation in giving your interpreter 5 (out of 5) and I will definitely recommend KL to other clients of ours in the future.”
– a top academic institution in the UK
“I would score a clear 5 (out of 5) for this piece of work. The KL interpreter is very professional and she seems to manage to translate even the most complex scientific information without batting an eyelid. I also know she was recovering from a cold but she didn’t allow that to interfere with her job. She’s a delight to have in the party and yet she’s always watching for the moment when she needs to translate even in a social environment. I can’t speak highly enough of her.’’
– a consultancy firm in the UK
Get in touch
For interpreting, translation or training enquiries, call us at +44 (0) 845 450 0721 or email email@example.com.