The University of Surrey is seeking to appoint a Mandarin speaking Relationship Manager to its alumni and fundraising activity team. KL Communications is working closely with the University to increase recruitment of students from China. Click this link for details of the post.
All Our Latest News & Industry Updates
KL Certificate of Excellence has now become a pathway into MA Interpreting (MAIC) degree programme at the University of Surrey. Applicants to MAIC will be exempted from the written test and the interview if they hold a Certificate. Their IELTS (the required English language test result) requirement will be lower too. This latest development is a further recognition by the University of Surrey of the expertise as well as quality of training at KL Communications. In its seventh year, MAIC is a collaborative programme between the University and KL Communications. Surrey is within the top 20 in the UK and top 250 in the world.
Check this page for more information – KL Certificate of Excellence
KL Communications (KL) is currently looking for experienced and talented interpreters to cooperate on a long-term business partner basis. We are the UK’s leading provider of interpreting service between English and Chinese (www.klinterpreters.co.uk). Our Managing Director Dr Kevin Lin has been the Lead Interpreter for the Queen and prime ministers for nearly 20 years. KL has the largest highly trained in-house English <-> Chinese interpreter team in Europe.
What you need to have:
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- Two or more years’ experience in simultaneous interpreting and/or consecutive interpreting
- Reliability and professionalism
- Good attitude in learning new things. Striving for excellence in providing high-quality interpreting service
- Ideally based in London, Edinburgh, Cambridge, Oxford, but other locations are also fine as long as happy to travel
What we will provide:
- Opportunities to work with a world-class interpreting company on a long-term partnership basis
- High-profile and interesting interpreting assignments
If you are interested, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have just updated our paper on Personal Information Protection to reflect the new GDPR which comes into effect on 25 May, 2018. If you wish to know more about what information we collect from you and how we use it, please check the following link.
We are looking for an outstanding interpreter (English/Chinese) to join us in our London office.
Your post is Trainee Interpreter reporting to the Duty Manager. Your main duty will be to represent our company to interpret between English and Chinese at events of our customers. You’ll be providing the full range of interpreting service from liaison, consecutive to simultaneous interpreting as instructed by the company. Continuous learning and self-development is part of your job.
Your normal hours are 09.00 – 17.00. There will often be travel. Sometimes, there will be evening or weekend work. Compensation will be offered should that happen.
1. Be a native speaker of Chinese (Mandarin) with near native fluency in English or a native speaker of English with near native fluency in Chinese
2. Submit your MA/MSc dissertation before 15th July 2018, if you are graduating this year
3. Have an MA/MSc degree in Translation or Interpreting from a leading university
4. Be fully competent in Consecutive and Simultaneous Interpreting between English and Chinese
5. Be able to work in a team and have good interpersonal skills
6. Be willing to learn and accept new challenges.
1. Have at least one year of experience working either as a full-time interpreter/translator, or in a role in which the use of English – if you’re a native speaker of Chinese, or of Chinese – if you’re a native speaker of English, makes up a significant part
2. Have worked in a customer-facing role where communication is essential.
1. Starting salary £2,000 per month (before tax)
2. Potential to receive a Tier 2 visa sponsorship after successful completion of internship
3. Training on high-level interpreting skills and situation handling
4. Opportunity to interpret at a variety of high-profile events, including for governments, corporates, all the way to non-profit organisations, covering topics from finance, healthcare, to art and oil and gas.
How to apply
Send a cover letter no longer than one A4 page stating why you believe you’re the most suitable candidate together with your updated CV to email@example.com by 17th Jun 2018.