Recruiting: Trainee Interpreter (Aug-Nov 2018)May 23, 2018
We are looking for an outstanding interpreter (English/Chinese) to join us in our London office.
Your post is Trainee Interpreter reporting to the Duty Manager. Your main duty will be to represent our company to interpret between English and Chinese at events of our customers. You’ll be providing the full range of interpreting service from liaison, consecutive to simultaneous interpreting as instructed by the company. Continuous learning and self-development is part of your job.
Your normal hours are 09.00 – 17.00. There will often be travel. Sometimes, there will be evening or weekend work. Compensation will be offered should that happen.
1. Be a native speaker of Chinese (Mandarin) with near native fluency in English or a native speaker of English with near native fluency in Chinese
2. Submit your MA/MSc dissertation before 15th July 2018, if you are graduating this year
3. Have an MA/MSc degree in Translation or Interpreting from a leading university
4. Be fully competent in Consecutive and Simultaneous Interpreting between English and Chinese
5. Be able to work in a team and have good interpersonal skills
6. Be willing to learn and accept new challenges.
1. Have at least one year of experience working either as a full-time interpreter/translator, or in a role in which the use of English – if you’re a native speaker of Chinese, or of Chinese – if you’re a native speaker of English, makes up a significant part
2. Have worked in a customer-facing role where communication is essential.
1. Starting salary £2,000 per month (before tax)
2. Potential to receive a Tier 2 visa sponsorship after successful completion of internship
3. Training on high-level interpreting skills and situation handling
4. Opportunity to interpret at a variety of high-profile events, including for governments, corporates, all the way to non-profit organisations, covering topics from finance, healthcare, to art and oil and gas.
How to apply
Send a cover letter no longer than one A4 page stating why you believe you’re the most suitable candidate together with your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17th Jun 2018.